We’ve all been there. It’s time to escape with the girls and leave the everyday routine behind. Boerne has the perfect recipe for a girlfriend’s getaway: shopping, wine, spas, fresh air, great food and a relaxing atmosphere to just be present and enjoy the company of your dear friends that you simply don’t get enough time with. Visit our Things to Do, Where to Shop, Where to Eat, and Where to Stay pages to find out how to make the most out of your dream getaway!
Day 1: Take it Easy Strolling the Hill Country Mile
- A day of shopping takes fuel! Load up on some of the best caffeine in town at The Dienger Trading Co., located just off Main Plaza. The historic Dienger Building has recently had a massive facelift and is one of the most beautiful historic buildings in town. Admire all the hard work over a tasty homemade breakfast made from scratch.
- Serious shoppers could get lost among the sparkle of the Hill Country Mile for days! Trendy clothing boutiques for ladies, children, and men; antique emporiums; jewelry stores for every taste; home and gift shops; art galleries; thrift stores and more are calling you. So make sure to pack your comfy walking shoes so you can go the distance and shop ALL DAY LONG!
- The half way point on the mile puts you in line for lunch at the Cibolo Creek Brewing Co.; the perfect setting for a mid-day brew (it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, you know) and a lunch filled with the freshest, seasonal and locally-sourced ingredients.
- Now that tummies are full and happy again head back up the Hill Country Mile for more SHOPPING! Just in case anyone in your crew has a passion for history and heritage, download or grab the Historic Walking Tour to unlock stories from Boerne’s past while you pop in and out of the downtown establishments.
- Time to head to dinner! Do you prefer selections from the sea like blackened sea scallops and grilled Mahi Mahi? Or maybe something fabulous right off the grill like beef tenderloin medallions, or a pork chop with smoked Gouda cheese and house-made apple sauce? The Cypress Grille has you covered and offers an exemplary wine selection to compliment any meal choice.
Day 2: Spa and Wineries
- Begin day two in Boerne with breakfast at a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Bear Moon Bakery offers a full breakfast buffet and a well-stocked case full of sweets that will make your taste buds dance. Folks sing praises for their Pigs in a Blanket. You will want to grab one to go as a snack if you don’t partake at breakfast time.
- It wouldn’t be a girls’ weekend without a trip to a spa, would it? Puresol Spa offers the full treatment and more! Words like “exfoliation”, “detoxify” and “aromatherapy” all become real once your day has been booked. This is where it’s at ladies!
- After a morning filled with pampering, head to Peggy’s on the Green for lunch. You can’t go wrong with amazing dishes like crab cakes, Cuban sandwiches, or chicken pot pie. Order some loaded fries for the table and a cocktail or two!
- It’s wine time ladies and I’m sure you’re excited and ready for a scenic drive into the Texas Hill Country. Our friends up north in Comfort are home to two wineries. Singing Water Vineyards offers a scenic creek-side space to lounge in after your tasting for an afternoon of live music. If you time your arrival right, you can snag their “treehouse” for an eagle-eye view of the property and a cozy space to lounge and chat with the girls.
- Spend your evening at Bending Branch Winery in the hills or their tasting room called the Branch on High in quaint downtown Comfort. They offer a full tasting space as well as an assortment of shareable appetizers, small plates, and desserts for a social snacking dinner while sipping.
Day 3: Getting Back to Nature
- You can’t miss out on indulging in a kolache or a plate of pecan pancakes at Little Gretel while you’re in town! Grab a seat on the covered patio and enjoy a mimosa or two while people- (and duck-) watching on the Cibolo Trail along Cibolo Creek.
- Today’s activities will get you moving to burn off a full weekend of wine, beer and tasty food calories so you can return home guilt-free! Hit the trail at the Cibolo Nature Center and discover why the Texas Hill Country is so great! We can pack four different ecosystems in one park and every step holds something new and exciting.
- Eat like a local! Grab a sandwich, salad or soup to-go from Bumdoodlers, and enjoy a picnic at one of the tables out at Boerne City Lake Park. Once you’ve eaten yourself silly again, it’s time to hit the water. Paddle boarding is a blast and if you haven’t tried it yet don’t be intimidated; it’s far easier than it looks! Hill Country Paddle Sports will get you set up with the needed gear and lessons to spend the afternoon cruising the lake in style. Get ready to make some memories!
- Looking for a little less nature and a little more culinary fun? Schedule a tour with Hill Country Food Tours to taste your way along River Road and Boerne’s Hill Country Mile. (Tours available on Saturdays only!)
- Dinner and evening fun is waiting right next door to the lake at Random Beer Garden. They have 80+ beers and ciders on tap, awesome food trucks, and live music and in a fun, friendly atmosphere. It is the perfect way to end a weekend with the girls!