The Office of the City Secretary’s mission is to support, facilitate, and strengthen the City of Boerne’s governmental processes by:
- Assisting the City Council in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities.
- Enhancing public participation in municipal government processes.
- Providing continuity for Boerne’s city government by recording its legislative actions, contemporary and archival.
- Safeguarding the municipal election process.
- Provides daily administrative assistance to the Mayor and City Council.
- Processing Open Records requests
The city secretary is an officer of the city, appointed by the City Manager. The position of city secretary is a statutory position required by state law and the City Charter. View Boerne’s Home Rule Charter (PDF)
About the City Secretary
Mrs. Carroll was born and raised in the Boerne area. She graduated from Boerne High School in 1979 then married Marty Carroll in 1980. Mrs. Carroll served in the banking industry for 19 years before joining the City of Boerne in 2003. She was originally hired as the deputy city secretary and was promoted to City Secretary in 2011. She is a certified City Secretary through the Texas Municipal Clerks Certification Program at the University of North Texas.
- Past secretary / treasurer of the Boerne Chamber of Commerce
- Past treasurer of the Kendall County Child Services Board
- Member of St. Peter the Apostle Church