Two Big Art Events – One Big Weekend in Boerne
Two Big Art Events – One Big Weekend in Boerne
17th Annual Parade of Artists & Second Saturday Art and Wine
Boerne Professional Artists (BPA) is hosting its 17th Annual Parade of Artists on April 12 - 14, 2013. The 'Parade' is a three-day festive event held each spring which attracts hundreds of art enthusiasts from around the country to visit various art venues in Boerne. It is a self-guided tour of local galleries, studios and “other venues” in the Arts & Design and Historic districts of downtown Boerne.
Twenty-eight local artists will be featured at nine separate venues in this year’s 'Parade' with a diversity of media ranging from paintings in oils, watercolor, pastels and acrylics, to bronze and relief sculpture, jewelry, photography, pottery and more.
In addition to the five established Boerne art galleries (see map) where more than a hundred artists of national and international reputation will be represented, several downtown businesses have offered space for artists’ displays. And, a number of BPA members will display their works in the conference room of the Boerne Chamber of Commerce. Further enhancing this arts-oriented weekend, the Cibolo Nature Center will be hosting its bi-annual 'Art and Conservation Show and Sale' at their beautiful Cibolo Creek location.
Free of charge, as always, the 'Parade' opens Friday, April 12th, at 5pm and continues until 8pm, and on Saturday, April 13th, the hours will be from 10am until 8pm with wine and hors’d oeuvres provided at many of the venues each evening. A free shuttle trolley connecting the 'Parade' venues will be available both Friday and Saturday evenings. On Sunday, April 15th, the venues will be open from 11am until 3pm.
BPA's art events are widely advertised and attended which makes Boerne well known for its commitment to the arts and demonstrates how a thriving arts community contributes to the cultural and economic well-being of the area . The following events are scheduled:
• “Second Saturday Art & Wine“, a monthly event held on the second Saturday of each month. Open to the public and hosted by participating galleries and art exhibitors, visitors enjoy hors d’oeuvres and refreshments from 4 to 8pm with a free trolley connecting the various venues. It's a great time to visit galleries, meet the artists, and enjoy a relaxed, congenial artistic environment. www.secondsaturdayartandwine.com
• BPA has joined forces with the Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce to participate in and promote the annual BoerneFest extravaganza which is scheduled for May 18-20 this year. BPA members are already competing in a poster contest to commemorate the 2013 event, and the association is organizing the giant 'Outside Art Show and Sale' to be held on the Plaza on May 19.
• In the fall of each year BPA hosts the “Texas Hill Country Invitational Art Show & Sale“. The 2013 event is scheduled for October 18 - 20, and will again be held at the beautiful Cana Ballroom of St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Boerne. The Invitational is a premier art show and sale, featuring artists from across the state and includes a full slate of art-related events.
Boerne Professional Artists is an organization of professional artists, art patrons and art galleries in the Texas Hill Country whose mission is to enhance business opportunities for visual artists in all media. Its supporting partners in the visual arts include the City of Boerne, the Hill Country Council for the Arts, the Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce and the Boerne Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Boerne’s 2nd Saturday Art and Wine
Enjoy spring and summer at it's finest in the Hill Country at Boerne’s 2nd Saturday Art and Wine, April–June, 2013. Attend this FREE monthly event from 4:00 to 8:00 pm to find out why people all over the country are making this their Hill Country Art Destination.
Come see for yourself! Park your car FREE at any location and board the Free Trolley to five gallery locations.
Download a map at www.secondsaturdayartandwine.com
Each stop is a new delight with wine tasting and delicious hors d’ouevres and the best art around. It’s like stepping into a colorful fine art painting!
Who: Boerne’s 2nd Saturday Art and Wine
What: FREE Fine Art Event open to the general public
Free parking • Free trolley • Complimentary Hors d'oeuvres and Wine
Three Dates to SAVE!
– APRIL 13: Two Big Art Events – One Big Weekend in Boerne
– MAY 11: Take a Fine Art Journey!
– June 8: Hot Art – Cool Night!
-Carriage House Gallery of Artists: 110 Rosewood Ave., Boerne, TX 78006, 830.248.1184
-COSAS: 1109 S. Main St. #1, Boerne, TX 78006, 830.249.1500
-Highland House Gallery: 114 E. Highland Dr., Boerne, TX 78006, 830.249.8678
-JR Mooney Galleries of Fine Art: 305 S. Main Street Boerne, TX 78006, 830.816.5106
-Texas Treasures Fine Art Gallery: 605 South Main St., Boerne, TX 78006, 830.816.5335
For more information visit: www.secondsaturdayartandwine.com or call 830-249-1500