10 FUN Things to do in Boerne this Weekend!
Boerne is hopping this weekend! There is something for everyone this weekend: a Butterfly Festival, Art in the Park, Quilt Hanging, Multiple Outdoor Movies, Live Music, a Downtown Street Party, a Fish Fry for a Good Cause & a Theatrical Premiere!
1. Honoring our Heroes Movie in the Park- Friday, May 6th, Main Plaza
They will be honoring our local military, law enforcement, fire fighters & EMS heroes. Activities will start at 6:30pm and the movie will start at dark. BYO blanket and lawn chairs. This event has been rescheduled from last week.
2. Boerne Handmade Market- Saturday, May 7th, Kendall Co. Fairgrounds
Voted one of the best markets in the state. Local and regional handmade goods including bath and body products to home decor to children's items and even food items. Free entry and food trucks will be on hand for lunch and snacks.
3. Hauptstrasse Quiltfest- Saturday, May 7th, Main Plaza & the Hill Country Mile
One of Boerne’s most colorful events! The Hill Country Mile will be draped with handmade quilts, special exhibits, a workshop, presentations, shuttle, quilt sales & more. They are still in need of Quilt Angels still. Register online to help out while at the event.
4. Art in the Park- Saturday, May 7th, Cibolo Nature Center & Farm
This free community festival celebrates both the beauty of nature in bloom in the spring and artistic expression. Visual and performing artists are featured along with many hands-on activities for everyone.
5. Boerne Volunteer Fire Department Annual Fish Fry and Auction- Saturday May 7th, Boerne Fire Department
After playing around town, head over for some fried fish and live music by the Lost Mule Band. All funds raised support the Boerne Volunteer Fire Department! Live & silent auctions & raffle will also be at the event.
6. Hot Rod Night- Saturday, May 7th, Soda Pops
Everybody loves a good ol’ fashioned street party! Bring your cool car and a hot date, grab a cool brew and a hot burger and your evening has been made! Live music by the Derringer Band.
7. Boerne Community Theatre's premiere of “The Cemetery Club”- Friday, Saturday & Sunday performances, Boerne Community Theatre
A romantic comedy about 3 Jewish widows who gather once a month for tea before visiting their husband’s graves. Tickets can be purchased online.
8. Farmers Market & Monarch Butterfly Festival- Saturday, May 7th, Historic Herff Farm
This weekend is special at the Farmers Market! In addition to their weekly produce and fun they will be celebrating butterflies with the Monarch Butterfly Festival! The festival is free and incredibly informative.
9. Mother’s Day Outdoor Movie- Sunday, May 8th, The Roudup Beergarden & Food Park
Celebrate mom by getting out and enjoying time together at The Roundup! FREE drink, popcorn & hotdog for the kids. Grab a brew let the kids bounce until the movie starts at dark. Showing Finding Nemo.
10. Live Music at Drink Texas Biergarten- Friday & Saturday
Friday-Texas KGB (Kelly Green Band), Saturday- Michael Martin at 3pm, Mandi Powell Band at 8pm