Rain or Shine, Ways to be Creative!
Feeling a bit soggy lately? We will be thankful for the rain in August. In the midst of the mist, there are still great ways to find fun and stay dry. We don’t outgrow the desire to create and Boerne has several opportunities for adults and kids to express themselves creatively this summer. Here are a handfull of places to feed your creative needs!
1. The Hill Country Council for the Arts in conjunction with the Majestic Ranch Art Foundation and Boerne Professional Artists, is currently offering a series of 6-hour Mini-Workshops to advance your venture into the world of fine art. Want to participate but you don’t live in the area? No worries. Make a weekend out of it. All programs end at 4pm leaving you loads of time to poke around Boerne, grab dinner and plan your Sunday adventure!
Basic Steps for Painting Success Mini-Workshop- Saturday, June 18
Sketching Mini-Workshop- Saturday, July 16
Introduction to Clay- Saturday, June 25 & July 9
Chalk Paint® 101 – Wednesday, June 8th
Paint Your Own Piece- Wednesday, June 8, Saturday, June 11 & Friday, June 24
Stencil 101- Tuesday, June 14th
3. Dienger Trading Co. has started to offer painting and antiquing technique workshops using their Little Billy Goat line of paints & products in the back of the Historic Dienger Building. Contact the store for specific program dates and details by phont (830.331.2225) or check them out on Facebook.
Their next class is in the evening on June 9th.
4. Vintage on Main offers an assortment of classes in house for kids & adults. Keep an eye on their website for classes including Basic Jewelry Making, Using Tools, Antiquing Mirrors, Gilding and Gold/Silver Leafing, chalk painting, mini paper bouquets & Pinterest Parties. Starting in June Tuesdays & Saturdays are open studio time where you can get help on whatever project you’re working on at the moment.
Summer Camps & Programs for Kids
Think outside the box when traveling with kiddos! Spending a week in Boerne and want to get the kids moving and thinking while you take your mornings to shop and lounge a bit? Or do you have grandkids visiting you here in town and you’re looking to entertain their active minds & bodies? There are a variety of summer camps & programs to consider with a variety of themes and schedules. (Full Day, morning, afternoon, 2 hour and more!!)
5. The Shabby Palette will be taking a virtual cruise around the world in 7 weeks this summer. Students will explore traditions and art from a new country each week.
6. Boerne Parks & Recreation is bringing the creativity out of your little builders this summer with a variety of STEM & nature camps.
7. The Patrick Heath Public Library is going on an exploratory expedition under the sea for their summer reading program and hosting an array of activities and programs for kids and kids at heart.
8. Boerne Community Theatre is offering technical theater camps this summer for the first time. If you have a budding thespian on your case who wants to learn how the magic is made, this will be a great way to jump feet first into the world of the technical side of theater.
9. Cibolo Nature Center offers nature and art themed camps, adventure camps and now morning camps for preschoolers and parents to participate in together throughout the summer.
10. Campers embrace their sillies and wiggles at Circus Arts Camp at the Boerne Gymnastics Center. They also offer a full selection of gymnastics camps for boys and girls.