For the Brew Fan
ENTER TO WIN A SPRING BREAK ESCAPE IN BOERNE!
It’s hard to beat the Texas Hill Country when it comes to crafting a weekend full of fun. Speaking of crafting, Boerne has found itself on the craft brew map these days. Four different breweries and multiple beer gardens call Boerne home, and folks love to come chill and enjoy a beer or two. This itinerary will give you a full list of activities centered around our favorite brews in town. Visit our Things to Do, Where to Shop, Where to Eat, and Where to Stay pages to find out how to make the most out of your dream getaway!
Day 1: Art, Shopping and Beer
- Everyone could use a little hand-crafted caffeine to get their morning started. No better place to wake up than at The Dienger Trading Co. Leave room for a tasty treat from the bakery. Don’t forget to browse the bookstore and boutique before you head out. Or fuel up for the day with classic breakfast fare including fine quality meats from Klein Smokehaus!
- After breakfast, get acquainted with the town strolling down Boerne’s Hill Country Mile shopping district and wandering the Boerne Trails System. Sculptural displays belonging to the Art Al Fresco (an art on loan program) dot the landscape as you amble by.
- History buffs will want to pick up a map and spend the morning cruising the town streets learning about the city’s colorful past during a do-it-yourself Historic Walking Tour.
- After a busy morning, your tummy will be rumbling again urging you to search out lunch. Check out the Dodging Duck Brewhaus with its mouth-watering menu of burgers, salads, and sandwiches. Kids can order from the Duckling menu. Stick around for the afternoon and imbibe in a beer flight of some (or all) of the Dodging Duck’s award-winning brews.
- Celebrate Boerne’s European heritage with a hearty dinner at Little Gretel. This riverside restaurant proudly serves up specialties from Austria, Germany, Hungary and the Czech Republic. They also have a selection of German beers on tap!
- Kinematic Brewing Company stays open until 9 p.m. on Friday nights, so wipe the barbecue sauce from your lips and get ready for a warm welcome at this microbrewery. With a spirit motivated by passion and a sense of community, the carefully hand-crafted beers at Kinematic promise a depth to their taste created from their unique barrel aging program. They will soon be relocating just off of Highway 46 in Boerne!
Day 2: Lake Fun and Live Music
- Get up and at ’em on Day 2 of your Boerne adventure at Bear Moon Bakery. Featuring awesome coffee (including blends from Texas) and 20 years of baking experience, Bear Moon customers will leave with satisfied bellies after a trip inside. Besides bakery specialties, other breakfast items are available too. The tasty lunch menu changes daily and is posted on Bear Moon’s Facebook page.
- After breakfast, a trip to Boerne City Lake Park ranks first on the list for another great play day. Choose to investigate the playground, view birds at the bird blind, flit down the path at the butterfly garden, or play a rollicking game of volleyball or Frisbee golf. Looking to get out on the water? Try your hand at fishing or stand up paddle boarding!
- Hunger pangs will rekindle after all that action on the lake. Time to head over to Boerne Epicure Gourmet Market. Whether you’re craving beef, turkey, ham or veggies, Epicure has a sandwich that will put a serious cramp in your craving. Bring a bib. These sammies are big. After that, head a couple doors down to Tusculum Brewing Company for a flight tasting and some chill time while your lunch settles!
- Continue your tasting time at the Boerne Brewery! Another friendly microbrewery, Boerne Brewery specializes in customizing old world style beer with a Texas twist. Taste them all and stick around for a tour. Local artists design their creatively cool bottle labels.
- Dinner time means Cypress Grille time. The chef and staff follow a simple philosophy that quality ingredients mixed with a generous dose flawless technique make great food. Choose from menu items that include offerings from the wood-fired grill, fruits of the sea, or specialty menu selections like eggplant and potato lasagna or pecan smoked bobwhite quail. Save room for key lime pie or warm bittersweet chocolate cake.
- The perfect end to the perfect day takes place at Drink Texas Biergarten. Dance or simply relax under the stars with musical acts at the Live Music Capital of Boerne. Should you find yourself in need of a nightcap, Drink Texas offers an extensive menu of craft beer, wine, and cocktails.
Day 3: Celebrate All Things Cibolo
- Open since 1996 and smack-dab in the middle of the Hill Country Mile sits the Boerne Daily Grind! Get fresh-baked breakfast goodies to go with your delicious cup o’ joe before heading out on a morning trek!
- Plan one last outdoor excursion at the Cibolo Nature Center. With 100 acres of trails, wilderness, and marshland, Cibolo Nature Center gives you plenty of opportunities to learn about the unique Texas Hill Country landscape and the critters that make it home. Cibolo Nature Center also holds special events like A Thirst for Nature, the Saturday Farmers Market at the Cibolo, and the Moondance Concert Series.
- Lunchtime brings you back into town to one last microbrewery and a cool wine and beer joint!. Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. is situated in a lovingly refurbished 1908 farmhouse on Main Street. Cibolo also constructed a major addition to house: their brewing equipment and new kitchen! The kitchen uses farm-fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create comforting pub fare like flatbreads, a charcuterie plate, and other tempting choices. The food complements the beer made with personally selected grains and other high-quality ingredients. Their goal is to make the restaurant and bar a place that friends and family feel comfortable hanging around in, so expect a casual and laid-back atmosphere. You’ll find yourself spending a whole afternoon tasting beer and making new friends.
- Feel like getting on the move? Head up the street on foot to Boerne Cork and Keg. Choose from a vast array of fine wine and craft beer selections, then cozy up for an afternoon of sipping and relaxing.
- If Cibolo Creek makes you feel at home, then Random Beer Garden will make you feel as if you are the honored guest at a giant backyard party. Kids will enjoy the outdoor area complete with and in-ground Monster Bounce. Dogs are welcome, live music entertains often, and food trucks offer plenty of eats and drinks.
- With fine dining, outdoor activity, locally crafted food and drink, shopping, history, and art Boerne is a fun-filled destination with a small-town atmosphere and superior hospitality that makes you feel as if you’ve come home. Plan your trip to Boerne today!
Content originally posted on Texas Hill Country, and written by Marcy Stellfox.