Director of Community Services
"Our team is full of talented, passionate, and hardworking individuals who strive daily to provide the best possible product for our customers."
Who we are
Welcome to Boerne! We are dedicated to providing quality of life enhancing programs, services, events, and first-class facilities.
- Parks and Recreation: Dedicated to improving the quality of life for all ages by providing a variety of recreational activities, community events, facilities, and services that collectively enrich the lives of all patrons.
- Facilities and Ground Maintenance: Dedicated to maintaining all city buildings, grounds, and equipment functioning in an attractive, effective, and efficient manner.
- Cemetery: Dedicated to the perpetual care of the cemetery grounds, monuments and infrastructure while also providing needed services to both grieving families and those who are planning for their future.
- Animal Control Services: Dedicated to providing a safe humane shelter for unwanted, stray, abused, and impounded animals in accordance with state and city regulations in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
- Fleet Maintenance: Dedicated to maintaining the city’s fleet of vehicles and equipment functioning properly through a quality preventive maintenance program, efficient diagnosis, and proper repair protocol.
- Special Projects Division/ Hill Country Mile: Dedicated to providing quality-of-life related improvements, programs and events for Boerne’s historic downtown. Some of the program and Capital projects completed include the Historic District Improvement Program, Art al Fresco Public Art Program, Cibolo Creek & Currey Creek Trails, River Road Park Improvements, Boerne Amphitheater, Boerne Visitors Center, The Bookshop under the Windmill. Additional responsibilities include hosting the City’s premier annual holiday community event, Dickens on Main, and marketing of Boerne’s Hill Country Mile as a tourism destination to regional daytrippers and encourage residents to Buy Local.
- 19 years of municipal experience with stops in four Texas Cities with 9 of those years here in Boerne.
- Member of the National Recreation Parks Association. Texas Recreation and Parks Society, and Texas Armature Athletic Federation (TAAF) where he has held several leadership positions including serving on the executive board and two years as President of the organization.
- 2010 TAAF Young Professional Award
- 2012 Graduate of Boerne Leadership
- 2013 TAAF President’s Excellence Award
- 2016 Cibolo Nature Center Stewardship Award
- 2011, 2012 and 2017 TAAF Department of the Year