We've all been there. It's time to escape with the girls and leave the everyday routine behind. Boerne has the perfect recipe for a girlfriends get away: shopping, wine, spas, fresh air, great food & a relaxing atmosphere to just be present and enjoy the company of your dear friends that you simply don't get enough time with. Visit our Where to Shop, Where to Eat, and Where to Stay pages to find out how to make the most out of your dream getaway!
Check out a 3 day itinerary below.
Day 1: Take it Easy Strolling the Hill Country Mile
- A day of shopping takes fuel! Load up on some of the best caffeine in town at the Dienger Trading Co., located just off Main Plaza, the historic Dienger Building has recently had a massive facelift and is one of the most beautiful historic buildings in town. Admire all the hard work over a tasty homemade breakfast made from scratch.
- Serious shoppers could get lost among the sparkle of the Hill Country Mile for days! Trendy clothing boutiques for ladies, children & men, antique emporiums, jewelry stores for every taste, home & gift shops, art galleries, thrift stores and more are calling, so make sure to pack your comfy walking shoes so you can go the distance and shop ALL DAY LONG!
- The half way point on the mile puts you in line for lunch at the Cibolo Creek Brewing Co. which is the perfect setting for a mid-day brew (it’s 5 o’clock somewhere you know) and a lunch filled with the freshest, seasonal & locally sourced ingredients.
- Now that tummies are full and happy again head back up the Hill Country Mile for more SHOPPING! Just in case anyone in your crew has a passion for history & heritage, download or grab the Historic Walking Tour to unlock stories from Boerne’s past in many of the now retail establishments.
- Time to head to dinner! Whether you prefer selections from the sea like blackened sea scallops and grilled Mahi Mahi or maybe something fabulous right off the grill like beef tenderloin medallions or a pork chop with smoked gouda cheese and house made apple sauce, the Cypress Grille has you covered and offers an exemplary wine selection to compliment any meal choice.
- Envision a soda fountain for Big Girls! Load up your tasting card and swipe your way around the building! The Boerne Wine Co.’s self-serve Enomatic wine dispenser gives you the opportunity to have small tastes, or full glasses of dozens of wines from an array of locations at a variety of price points. Their staff is incredibly knowledgeable about all of their wines but are not pushy or pretentions. So, ask any questions you may have, fill you glass, kick back and relax. Prefer a more relaxed dinner option? Order a Flatbread and a cheese & salami plate to share and hang out on the back patio by the fireplace to discuss your fabulous finds from the day and plot your next move for tomorrow.
Day 2: Spa & Wineries
- Begin day two in Boerne with Breakfast at a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Bear Moon Bakery offers a full breakfast buffet as well as a well-stocked case full of sweets that will make your taste buds dance. Folks sing praises for their Pigs in a Blanket. You will want to grab one to go as a snack if you don’t partake at breakfast time.
- It wouldn’t be a girl’s weekend without a trip to a spa would it? Puresol Spa offers the full treatment and more! Words like exfoliation, detoxify, mud mask, steam bath, rainwater rinse, warm stones, aromatherapy, customized facial treatment and Swedish massage all become real once your day has been booked! This is where it’s at ladies!
- Lunch at La Cascada Table & Bar can be found on the same property as the spa and features a tasty lunch menu with soups, salads, sandwiches & more.
- It’s wine time ladies and I’m sure you’re excited and ready for a scenic drive into the Texas Hill Country. Our friends to the north in Comfort are home to two wineries. Singing Water Vineyards offers a scenic creek side space to lounge after your tasting or to take in an afternoon of live music. If you time your arrival right, you can snag their “tree house” for an eagle eye view of the property and a cozy space to lounge and chat with the girls.
- Spend your evening at Bending Branch Winery or their tasting room in the quaint downtown of Comfort called the Branch on High. They offer a full tasting space as well as an assortment of sharable appetizers, small plates & desserts for a social snacking dinner while sipping.
Day 3: Getting Back to Nature
- You can’t miss out on indulging in a kolache or a plate of pecan pancakes at Little Gretel while you’re in town! Grab a seat on the covered patio and enjoy a mimosa or two while people (and duck) watching along the adjacent Cibolo Trail along Cibolo Creek.
- Today’s activities will get you moving to burn off a full weekend of wine, beer & tasty food calories so you can return home guilt free! Hit the trail at the Cibolo Nature Center and discover why the Texas Hill Country is so great! We can pack four different ecosystems in one park and every step holds something new and exciting.
- A Hill Country escape wouldn’t be complete without Bar-B-Q. Grab lunch at the Texas Meat Co. and eat in the house or take your meat & other goodies to go and enjoy a picnic at one of the tables out at Boerne City Lake Park. Once you’ve eaten yourself silly again, it’s time to hit the water. Paddle boarding is a blast and if you haven’t tried it yet don’t be intimidated, it’s far easier than it looks. Hill Country Paddle Sports will get you set up with the needed gear and lessons to spend the afternoon cruising the lake in style. Get ready to make some memories!
- Dinner and evening fun is waiting right next door to the lake at Random. 80+ beers & ciders on tap, a casual friendly atmosphere, awesome food trucks, live music and all around fun has made this the place to be in the evenings in Boerne for anyone and everyone! It is the perfect way to end a weekend with the girls!